In the area of inheritance law, the focus is not only on the planning of estate during the client’s lifetime and the considerations as to what shall happen with one’s personal assets and other effects after death. Matters that are just as important include the assertion of claims of the heirs, persons entitled to a statutory portion, and legatees upon the death of the testator.
Counsel Christmann is member of the DVEV (Deutsche Vereinigung für Erbrecht und Vermögensnachfolge e.V., the German Association for Inheritance Law and Property Succession).
The core elements of the consultancy services offered by Ms Christmann are:
- Formulation of last wills and succession agreements
- Statutory-portion issues – assertion and defense of claims
- Legacy issues – assertion
- Execution of wills
- Inheritance-certificate issues –
in the case of testamentary incapacity and forgery of wills
- Inheritance disputes
- Cross-border inheritance matters
- Disinheritance issues
- Inheritance tax / death duties
- Consultation in business-succession issues
- Healthcare proxy, living wills